Select a Category or Search by keywords to find the agency you need. Click here to submit comments, questions, or corrections.
Business office is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Hours listed are for Assistance Office.
ELIGIBILITY: Everyone is welcome to attend worship services. The soup kitchen is available to everyone. Financial, food, clothing, and furniture assistance are available based on evidence of need. Groceries are available monthly; clothing, every 3 months; financial assistance, once a year.
WORSHIP SERVICES – Weekly worship services are held each Sunday morning and evening, as well as during the week. These include traditional Sunday services, youth programming, Bible studies, and adult fellowship groups.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – Assistance with utility bills and rent for qualifying families in need
FOOD ASSISTANCE – Our food pantry provides groceries for families and individuals in need, Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m – 12:30 p.m
CLOTHING ASSISTANCE – Vouchers provided for clothing at our Family Thrift Store, available to families and individuals in need
FURNITURE ASSISTANCE – Vouchers provided for furniture at our Family Thrift Store, available to families and individuals who have experienced a recent emergency (such as a house fire, e.g.)
SOUP KITCHEN – Daily lunch served, free of charge, to anyone in need of a meal
PASTORAL COUNSELING & JOB/FINANCIAL COUNSELING – Available on an as-needed basis
BANK ON HENDERSON – Financial literacy class offered weekly on Mondays
MISSION: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
MISSION: Senator J. Dorsey Ridley is regional business development director of Independence Bank in Henderson, serving a seven-county market. He previously served as the bank’s Henderson County president. Ridley is a graduate of Western Kentucky University, where he earned a degree in business and agriculture.
SERVICES: Licensed Daycare Facilities at Schools
ELIGIBILITY: Any student or family whose child attends South Heights Elementary School is eligible for services offered through our Family Resource Center.
SERVICES: Information and Referral, Parent and Child Education Programs, Family Literacy Programs, Health Services and referral to Health Services(through collaboration with Health Department and CATCH Program, West Area Health Education Center and local Physicians)
Instructional Behavior Assistance, Attendance and Truancy Problems, Home Visits, Community Involvement Programs, Educational Support, Other Services as Determined and Needed, KCHIP Application Assistance.
MISSION: The Family Resource Centers’ mission to enhance students’ abilities to succeed in school by removing barriers to learning.
ELIGIBILITY: Most services are free. Some minimal costs may be involved.
SERVICES: Referrals to Health and Social Services, Employment Counseling, Summer and part-time job development, Drug and alcohol abuse counseling, Family Crisis and Mental health counseling, Attendance-Truancy Diversion Program.
MISSION: Mission for the Youth Services Center is to assist families in helping their children each their education goals. The YSC works with community agencies to provide help for families.
SERVICES: Licensed Daycare Facilities at Schools
- Hospice Care – Hospice is the name for a special program of care for life-limiting ill patients and their families. Rather than trying to cure an illness, hospice efforts are directed toward making the patient comfortable and easing pain while supporting the family through a challenging time.
- Palliative Care – Specialized medical care for people living with serious illness. St. Anthony’s Hospice Palliative Care program goal is to improve the quality of life for our patients and their families with a chronic illness.
- Grief and Bereavement Services – Offers help in coping with the loss of a loved one. Hospice is committed to helping people who are grieving. Hospice staff members and volunteers offer warm, professional support to help family members with emotional healing and readjustment.
MISSION: St. Anthony’s Hospice in partnership with the community, seeks to maximize the quality and dignity of life for individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Through a holistic approach, our professional team is honored to guide and empower patients, families and caregivers during life’s most sacred journey.
ELIGIBILITY: FOR THE ADULT INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH UNIT: Patients present to the Emergency Department for evaluation by a mental health professional. For ECT: Referral by a physician to a treating psychiatrist for evaluation and work-up , if appropriate. Treating psychiatrists are Gene Flick, M.D. and Juan Cabrera, Jr., M.D
- ADULT INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT – For adults with a primary psychiatric diagnosis such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychosis. This is a short-term hospitalization unit for persons in the acute phase of a psychiatric illness.
- ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY (ECT): Outpatient or inpatient treatment for depression that has not responded to medication. Treatments are given in the ECT Treatment Area of the acute hospital by a treatment team that consists of the psychiatrist, anesthesiologist and nurses.
MISSION: Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
Location 510 Second St Henderson KY 42420 workMain Phone: (270)-827-9888work
- CLOTHING MINISTRY – Open from 9 a.m.-11:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings. Persons in need of clothing may be able to get free clothing items one time in each calendar month.
- HOUSEHOLD MINISTRY – Open from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings. Persons in need of basic housewares may be able to get free items based on need and availability.
- KID’S KORNER MINISTRY – Seasonal ministries where children of our community are given books, Bibles and gifts for Easter and Christmas. In July and August children are given schools supplies and Bible books. The dates of this ministry are publicized at THE ANSWER Center prior to each event. Each child in our community is eligible to come in and receive the free gifts one time for each particular ministry event.
MISSION: The Answer Center exists to give THE ANSWER of Jesus Christ to our community while meeting needs.
SERVICES: Kentucky Senator
Location Citi Center Building 230 2nd Street, Suite 307 Henderson KY 42420 workMain Phone: (270) 831-2273workWebsite: VIC Website
Agency Coalition Tracking System (ACTS) – The Volunteer and Information Center operates a clearinghouse program which tracks and monitors information on donations and assistance distributed to individuals in need in the community.
Community Resource Guide (CRG) -The Volunteer and Information develops and maintains a comprehensive directory of social services and non-profits available in the community.
Financial Literacy and Empowerment – Bank On Henderson, VITA tax assistance, and SAFE classes
Volunteer Recruitment, Referral, and Opportunities
Other direct assistance – Adopt A Family at Christmas, Build-a-Bed, and Clothing for Confidence
MISSION: The Volunteer and Information Center serves as an efficient link between the community and its servants for empowerment through financial education, coordination of family aid resources, connection of human service organizations and fostering volunteerism.
Free Income Tax Preparation – Call for Site details and Hours
ELIGIBILITY: Services are available to job seekers and employers.
• Job search
• Labor market information
• Job placement
• Training opportunities
MISSION: Reemployment services