Select a Category or Search by keywords to find the agency you need. Click here to submit comments, questions, or corrections.
Location 398 Sam Ball Way Henderson Kentucky 42420 workMain Phone: (270)-827-1979work
ELIGIBILITY: Examples of a target family would be – no insurance or medical card, inability to pay for services or medications, lack of transportation for services and/or inability to procure services during the family physician’s business hours.
SERVICES: Acute Care, Well Child/Baby Exams, School Physicals, Sports Physicals, Emergency Situations, Referrals, when applicable, to other agencies, disciplines, specialties.
MISSION: The purpose of the Primary Care Center is to assist families of low income in getting adequate health care for their children, working along with family physicians and community agencies and referring to other specialties and agencies when necessary.
24 hour emergency calls accepted
ELIGIBILITY: Only single women and families are served. Single men are referred to a local men’s shelter. Emergency and Transitional housing is available for up to two years. Residents are provided with a variety of LifeSkills classes, under the direction of Case Management.
The three goals of the transitional program are:
1. To help participants obtain and remain in permanent housing.
2. To help participants increase skills and / or income.
3. To help participants achieve greater self determination. Saint Stephen Cathedral Soup Kitchen
• The Kitchen opens at 8:00 AM for doughnuts and coffee and serves hot meals at 11:00 am Monday through Saturday.
• The Kitchen opens at 12:00 noon on Sunday for doughnuts and coffee. A hot meal is served at 2:00 pm.
• Meals served 365 days per year.
MISSION: A non-profit agency providing emergency and transitional housing to homeless families. The shelter is open to all families regardless or race, color, creed, age or sex. The shelter’s mission is to provide homeless families with quality shelter for emergency situations.
SERVICES: Wildlife Management
SERVICES: Licensed Daycare Facilities at Schools
ELIGIBILITY: Any student or family whose child attends East Heights Elementary School is eligible for services offered through our Family Resource Center.
SERVICES: Information (housing, financial assistance, medical, food, counseling, clothing) Referrals to community agencies, After school Child Care (East Heights Clubhouse and referrals), Educational Support, Referral to GED, literacy and other educational programs, Health Services and Referral to Health Services, Attendance and Truancy Problems, Mentoring, Home Visits, Parent and Teacher Assistance, Other Services as Determined and Needed.
MISSION: To increase students’ abilities to succeed in school by removing barriers to learning and to increase parental involvement by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote learning.
ELIGIBILITY: Fee reductions available if income guidelines are met.
SERVICES: Medical Services: Therapy evaluations and treatment: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychologist testing and counseling, Audiology testing. We bill most insurances. Medical services (PT, OT, Speech & Audiology) are provided regardless of ability to pay. Fee reductions are based on family income. Other services include: Wheelchair seating and mobility evaluations for simple up to the most complex physical needs; Inclusive child care for children ages 6 months to 6 years, with and without disabilities.
MISSION: The Easterseals Rehabilitation Center is working to change the way our community defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in local people’s lives every day and by ensuring that individuals with disabilities enjoy equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in our community.
Location 530 Klutey Park Plaza Dr. Henderson Kentucky 42420 workMain Phone: (270)-830-8063work
Call for information (hours)
• CLOTHING DEPARTMENT: Our store provides affordable career and casual clothing (25 cents each) Tuesdays-Fridays, 9:30 am–12:30 pm
• HOT MEAL PROGRAM: For anyone who is hungry, hot meals are served Tuesdays-Fridays, 11:00 am–12:30 pm
• PARENTING REWARDS: Parents attend life skills classes and earn “baby bucks” to spend on items in our baby boutique, including diapers, formula, baby clothes, cribs, high chairs, and car seats. Tuesdays–Fridays, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
• FATHERHOOD INITIATIVE: Classes and coaching designed to help young fathers to become great dads.
• LIFE SKILLS CLASSES: Each month we offer 20+ free classes on parenting, breast feeding, safe sleep, healthy living, relational health, financial stability and spiritual growth.
• EVANSVILLE CHRISTIAN HEALTH CLINIC: Provides affordable health, pregnancy, and dental care for those uninsured or under-resourced. Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
• PREGNANCY SERVICES: Provides no-cost services through our Health Clinic to help mothers and fathers make the most informed and healthy choices possible. Services include pregnancy testing, STD testing and treatment, limited ultrasounds, OB/GYN referrals and peer coaching. Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• ADDICTION RECOVERY: A confidential, Christ-centered, non-residential 12-step recovery program designed to help any addiction or life-controlling issue. Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
• TRUTH TALK: An abstinence education program providing middle and high school students with insight to why postponing sexual activity until marriage is the healthiest choice to avoid negative consequences.
• GAIN INITIATIVE: A long-term initiative connecting people to people, who work together to overcome poverty both individually and on a community level.
MISSION: Restoring people from need to potential.
Location PO Box 657 Evansville IN 47704 workMain Phone: (812)-425-1591work