Select a Category or Search by keywords to find the agency you need. Click here to submit comments, questions, or corrections.
Audubon Area Community ServicesAudubon Area Community Services
- UTILITY ASSISTANCE
- HEAD START
- WEATHERIZATION – Program for low income families whose homes need repairs to their heat system, need minor home repairs and/or insulation, air filtration work, etc.
- GREEN RIVER INTRA – COUNTY TRANSIT SYSTEM (GRITS) –Contact number 270-686-1621
- BSI/T – 19 – if you receive a Kentucky medical card, client would qualify for free medical transportation. Client needs to contact their social worker. For more information contact the GRITS office at 1-800-999-4748.
- CHOICES A one to three year case management program that helps clients identify barriers in reaching educational/career goals. Find safe, affordable housing and improving their overall circumstances. Clients set goals with their case manager who works directly with them to help achieve their goals.
- SENIOR COMPANION PROGRAM (SCP) – The SCP Program is one of only three SCP’s in the state of Kentucky. SCP serves all seven counties in the Green River Area. It offers volunteers – low-income men and women age 60 and over – stipend opportunities to remain active in their community.
- FOSTER GRANDPARENT PROGRAM (FGP) – The FGP is one of four in the state of Kentucky. Currently serving Daviess and Henderson counties, FGP has a dual purpose to provide part time volunteer community service for low income persons who provide one on one assistance to children having special or exceptional needs.
- RETIRED SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (RSVP) – Provides travel, personal liability and some meals, encouraging and supporting older adults to volunteer in community service programs and projects and recognizes seniors as a valuable natural resource. RSVP provides health promotion activities through Title III of the Older Americans Act for the seven counties of the Green River Area Development District.
- SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT (TITLE V) – Employs 6 senior citizens in a four county area (Henderson, Ohio, Union, Webster) to serve in district offices. Trained and supervised 20 hours per week to develop employment skills so eventually they can gain full time employment. Individual must be 55 years of age or older.
- FAMILY PRESERVATION PROGRAM – A “last resort” program designed to prevent children/teens from being placed outside of their home due to crisis/difficulties within the family to clients 24 hours a day to provide short term intensive counseling and education in the home.
- CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
MISSION: Audubon Area Community Services, Inc. is the largest Community Action agency in Kentucky, serving 34 Western Kentucky Counties. Our mission, “Helping People. Changing Lives. Building Communities”
324 First St Henderson KY 42420